Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the T-Bucket Forums discussions? Then sign up for a free forum account, today!

Ron Pope Motorsports                                   California Custom Roadsters                                   Spirit Industries                                   Advertise with Us!                                  

Dismiss Notice
Thank you for visiting the T-Bucket Forums! This site was created in 2006, to provide enthusiasts with a place to discuss T-Buckets. Over the years, there have been many imitators, but this is the T-Bucket resource you have been looking to find. We encourage you to register a FREE account and join in on the discussions.

Chevy ring gear numbers

Discussion in 'Engines and Drivelines' started by Johnny, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Johnny

Johnny
    Expand Collapse

These are the numbers on my ring gear. 344161 12-41 GMK I think the 12-41 means 3.42 gear ratio, but what do the other numbers mean? I googeled the 344161 ring gear and it said it was from the H body Chevy. Monza??? I couldn't find GMK anywhere. This is suppose to be an S-10 rear end.

Help me out fellas.

Thanks

2. RPM

RPM
    Expand Collapse
    Sponsor
    Forum Sponsor Supporting Member

The 344161 is the GM part # and the 12-41 is the tooth count on the gears. 12 on the pinion and 41 on the ring which gives you a 3:42 ratio just as you said.

Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! Advertise with Us! White Rose Technology Ting Mobile Buy VPN

SSL Certificate